Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where have you been all my life?

OK, this post is neither deep nor heart-felt. Unless, of course, you're feeling especially emotional about desserts. Which, this morning, I am feeling the love for these desserts. I started reading Is This Really My Life? months ago, and I have not been disappointed. Today, especially, I was not disappointed. :) I'm always looking for new and yummy recipes. If they are for the crockpot, it's like I've found a Holy Grail. ;)
Sadly, none of these are for the crock, but they look yummy nevertheless.
The Brown Sugar Pecan cookies are calling my name. We love those little babies, and this recipe is very similar to the Emma Smith's Brown Sugar Cookie recipe that I posted about in February.  And, you add a frosting to them? Yes, please! I'll take two! or eight

Also, during my morning blog reading I found this amazing balloon wreath! on Our Best Bites. Uh-may-zing recipes! 
I spotted one of these a couple of weeks ago in some photos a friend sent of her son's 1st birthday party. She made it to hang on the door for each birthday. And, it's a decoration that you can use over and over, year after year!  
It's a tradition for me to decorate the house fully while the birthday boy OR girl is at school. I try to make it as fun as possible. The kids always know that they will walk into a birthday extravaganza. I love doing it for them and I love to see how happy they are. Anyway, I've wanted a tutorial on how to make a fun balloon wreath and I was excited sadly, yes, that's all it takes, when I saw this one this morning.



And on a different note....Thank you for your comments and all the emails. It lifts my heart to feel so encouraged and loved.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

I want that wreath! Very cute. I can feel a trip to Wally World coming on to grab some balloons...