Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Things come in threes, right?

Growing up in Arkansas, I come from a very superstitious group of folks. You know the ones, don't you dare walk under a ladder, open an umbrella in the house, or let a black cat cross your path.  Living around my beloved crazies for the first 20 years of my life made it impossible for me to ever forget these superstitions or old wives tales, what have you. Well, with that is that death and bad things happen to you in threes. Has anyone else ever herd of that? Is it just us Southern folk?
   Well, we are working on numero 5.
I'm frustrated.
I'm sad.
I'm exasperated.
With.
Everything.

#1)Last week we found out through some crazy methods that the birth mother of our three oldest children is doing some very questionable things. Those of you who know, know---those of you who don't, can ask us. :) 

#2) Biological sibling drama. And, when I say Drama. I mean....Drama.

#3) IRS problemos. President Obama made some pretty nifty changes to the adoption credit/refund laws and our refund is awesome. Really. awesome. However, today I found out that it has been sent to review/examination and we're going to have to provide documentation coming  out of our wazoos to prove that we are, in fact, eligible for said credits/refunds.

#4) I had to go deliver some very sad personal news to a friend today. How do you do that tactfully and without hurt feelings? I don't think it's possible.

#5) Things are still rough between my oldest and myself. I'm learning to not take things so personally, but that is one flipping hard lesson to learn.  I know preteen and teenage boys/girls are different animals and things will be challenging. I get that. But, really, all this displaced anger is wearing me down.

I have a dear friend in whom I confide, even my most disturbing thoughts and worries. I'm blessed to be able to tell her everything, without fear of judgement, and know that she understands. I so get how lucky I am to have a friend like that.


OK, so that's five. Come on!


Friday is our anniversary. 11 whole years of happily wedded bliss. Ha! ;) The kids will be at the grandparents and it will just be me and my beloved. All alone. For a WHOLE night.
What ever will we do?
You guessed it.
Sleep. Sleep. And more sleep.
;)

No comments: