Friday, February 18, 2011

Choc Cake in the....

You guessed it! Crock Pot!! :)
I wanted to share this recipe that I got from my dear friend DawnaMae. No, her name isn't really "DawnaMae", but  I do so enjoy calling her that. She and I go way back to the good old HR days. She and I got into mischief, much mischief together. It was so stinking fun. I still can't look at Cadbury eggs and Peeps without giggling wildly to myself. How I miss those days!
Anyway.
She emailed me this recipe yesterday and instantly my mouth was watering. I'm going to make this for Sunday for the whan. I. can't. wait.


Chocolate Pudding Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
1 pckg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 C (16 oz) sour cream
4 eggs
1 C water
3/4 C vegetable oil
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream or ice cream, optional

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into a 5 qt slow cooker that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.  C over and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.  Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.  Yield:  10-12 servings. 


Serve with whipped cream? Heck to the yeah.


I told Cary about my dream of owning the triple crockpot. He scoffed. So. Rude.

2 comments:

Dawna said...

Hahaha...peeps! Those were the days!!! Little tip for this cake...watch it carefully the last couple of hours. My crock pot cooks kind of hot so I don't cook it as long as the recipe says. Hope you love it!!!

Ginger @ Crock Pot Recipe Exchange said...

This is one of my favorite crock pot desserts... right behind crock pot chocolate chip blondies. Glad I found another crock pot lover (we have to stick together).

Keep on c-ROCKING!