Saturday, February 12, 2011

1 Corinthians 10:13

 There hath no temptation ataken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be btempted above that ye are able; but will with the ctemptation also make a way to descape, that ye may be able to ebear it.


As I was re-reading my lesson for my class tomorrow, I read this scripture again.  It kind of jumped out at me.
"That ye may be able to bear it" !! 
Am I the only one who feels like I may not be able to bear this or that and especially that?
Some days are hard.
Really Hard. 
I know we are all given our trials and our agency to decide how to handle those trials. I don't think I make the best choices every single day. Do any of us? 
Oh, I'm sure that there are those who really want us to think they do, or perhaps that they don't even have trials. What?! What would that look like?

Some days I forget that He is there to help me and will not "suffer me to be tempted above that yea are able".  Ok, I might forget it a lot. 

I think I am going to make this a FHE lesson for my kids. They have all been through more than their fair share of trials, and I want them to always remember this scripture. 

I love that I get to learn with my kids and have my testimony strengthened because of my calling....in life and  even more specifically in the Church.
How lucky am I to be able to teach my little class of 10 year old kidlets?



1 comment:

Dawna said...

Thanks for sharing Manda. What a great way to begin my Sunday!