Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday Cuauhtli Dear!



I can't believe he's already 11 years old. Time has gone so quickly! When I first met him, he had just turned 8 years old and had long, shaggy hair. He was a sweetheart then, and now. Albeit a frustrating sweetheart at times. :)

Today we celebrated his 11th birthday. What a day! 
One of my favorite things to do is to decorate the house while the birthday person is at school. So far I've been lucky enough that all of them are in school on their actual birth day. 
 
We had presents, 
plastic bubbles, 
and poppers. Ooooh how we love the poppers here at the Nicholas house. 

 

We had Cheesecake! I let the kids choose their birthday dinner and dessert. Cuauhtli didn't want a cake this year, so he chose homemade cheesecake and pecan pie. He wanted them together, but Cary promptly convinced him that would be quite disgusting. Cary wrote the "Happy Birthday" and the ":)" and Cuauhtli wrote his name. Fabulousness!





This year I wanted to do something a little different, so we led them on a treasure hunt. Cary and I wrote clues out and put them around the house, yard, and cars. Each of the kids were responsible for a clue and piece to the puzzle. They had to work together to figure out the puzzles and to find their loot.

Cuauhtli got the rest of his pressies and the rest of the kidlets got some yummies. They had *so* much fun. All the girls were begging to do "Treasures" for their birthdays! I'm glad that it was a hit! Cuauhtli came up to me after it had settled down a bit and gave me big lovies. He thanked me for making his birthday so fun. That so made all the headaches worthwhile.

I'm grateful for a fun, happy night and some amazing little people. 

Happy Birthday Cuauhtli. I love you much much, my son.
sadly, this is the least goofy pic of us that I could find. :)

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

Cheesecake! A kid after my own heart.