Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bananas!

So, yesterday I was feeling extremely Martha Stewart-y. I don't know what's going on, but I'm all nesting and weird. Sadly, no, I don't have any announcements. Yet!

Anyway, after scripture reading every night we have a dessert. I like to make something yummy for all of us, and not rely on store bought stuffs. I found a recipe on  AllRecipes.com . Ever been there? I usually find some pretty easy and yummy recipes on that site.
I've had 3 overly ripe bananas for a couple of days and have been wanting to make bread or cake or something. I was excited to find this muffin recipe. I tweaked the original recipe, and I think it made them even more Deeelishus. that's like a million times better than the normal deliciousness.

Banana Crumb Muffins:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar

1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts

Directions:
   Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
In a large bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, powder, and salt. In another bowl beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, walnuts, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
 In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in the 1 tablespoon of butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.






I need a better camera, and perhaps learn how to take better photos. But, wowzers. These were yummy.
We had them for dessert last night and breakfast this morning. :)

No comments: