Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A little back tracking...

Well, we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. There are many words to describe the beauty of the temple. I wish I were more eloquent and could give an accurate and beautiful description of our experience.
Our kiddos were actually quite excited to go to the temple, the girls more so than the boys I think. They love getting dressed up and wearing their fancy dresses and their clicky shoes. I have to admit that I love watching them. My oldest boy wore his new suit. Yes, the boy wore his suit in 100 degree weather. I tried to convince him to leave the jacket, but he was not having it. He wanted to look just as snazzy as his good ol' dad. Yes! Cary wore his suit as well....jacket and all! I could not believe how hot it was. I was very impressed by the air conditioned tents outside however. What a nice surprise!
We were able to score a nice seat in the first tent and the movie started about five minutes after we got there. It was quite lovely and the voice sounded quite familiar! :)
The kids were so excited to go inside the temple that they could barely sit still.
The moment we walked into the temple I felt the sweet peace of the Spirit. I was almost immediately overwhelmed as I walked hand in hand with my little girls. It's been a long road with these little lovelies and it is quite surreal that we will finally be able to call them OURS on September 15th! Cary and I are so excited to be able to seal them to us. We walked our way through the temple and explained a few different things to the older kids as we came upon them. They were in awe of everything. I think their favorite part was the baptismal font. They thought it was pretty cool. My favorite part was most definitely the sealing room. We were able to sit quietly and listen to the couple bear their testimonies of forever families. I stared at the altar and the mirrors and envisioned our day with our little girls all dressed in white. I'm glad that we were able to sit a while in the sealing room and explain to all of our kidlets the significance of that special room.

I'm so grateful for Temples. I'm grateful that we can be a forever family. I'm grateful for a husband worthy to hold the priesthood and that he always takes care of our family both spiritually and temporally. I love my Savior. I know that He Lives. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith and the Restored Gospel.
I know that it is true.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

What a sweet memory. You made me a bit teary eyed Amanda Lou!