Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Hiatus

I took a rather long and unexpected Hiatus from the blogging world. I tried to keep up with everyone's blog and got some fantastic ideas for this and that! However, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself for a while and couldn't find the words to write.
Our little lives have been turned upside down this year. We have had a lot of unexpected happenings, but we are grateful for all that Heavenly Father has blessed us with.
We had one of our girls leave our home to return to her previous foster home. It's a long story, one of which I don't wish to share at this time. She was happier there and it was best for her to be there. Our two girls actually thrived in her absence, and we realized that it was the best decision we could make for our family...albeit one of the most difficult.
We have had our two girls since October of last year and they are such a blessing. We love them dearly and can't imagine our lives without their stinky little bodies! Our youngest has come such a long way and we are delighted in her progress. It has been a very long road and we have some to go, but progress is the Key!! :)
During the way the adoption had to be post-poned, and THEN the state lost our fingerprints, background checks, etc etc etc. Lovely! Not only was it inconvenient, but we had to pay for them again! How does it get lost in computer database? Hard copies I can understand, but digital?
We did it again at any rate and we are awaiting their return! Our adoption attorney has set the adoption date for September 15th however!!!! We are thrilled! We are hoping that the date doesnt get pushed back any farther and we can finally become a family...and soon thereafter a forever family!
At the end of May we had a phone call from the caseworker of the kids we had last year for so long. He asked us if we'd be willing to take the three of them back into our home again.
We were shocked and overwhelmed. We couldn't say No,but we had two other little people to think about this time around. Long story short, we now have five total kidlets!!
Zero to Five kids in two years! Holy Cow!! We love each of our kids so much and are blessed by the spirit they bring into our home. I am, however, one tired momma at the end of the day! They keep me hopping and we do have a jam packed schedule, but that keeps us out of trouble! Right?

Well, this is a start to my return to the blog world. It's short and sweet, but it is only the beginning!
This weekend we have a trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House and I hope to have a ton of fabulous photos to post!

4 comments:

Audrie said...

Five kiddies!!! Oh my! That's brilliant and insane at the same time hehe!!

Dawna said...

What a great couple you and Cary are! You have certainly been a blessing to those five little angels. Love ya, girlie :D

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Mandaroo!! You are my hero!! I love you more now than ever! I will keep you all in my prayers. What an exciting time in all of your lives. And I second what Dawna said about YOU being a blessing in their lives. Kudos to You and Cary! We love you and look forward to your future updates on all that's going on.

Unknown said...

Manda I love your words :) I'm glad to see you back in the blogging world and can't wait for those pictures! I'm also very excited for you to bring all those kidlets down my way for a fabulous pool par-tay!!