Sunday, September 26, 2010

Movin' UP



Today has been a day full of tears for me. Shocking, I know. We had our Primary program in Sacrament meeting today and it seems like each class has a special someone in it. I guess having 5 kids makes that easy.
The first order of business today in Primary was, however, moving Tonathiu out of Primary and into the Deacon's quorum. How is it that kid is 12 already?
As the boys came in to the chapel to get him, I realized that each of those boys were one of "my" boys. Cary and I have had each one of them in scouts, Primary, or both. Now they are the boys that will be influencing *my* child. How lucky I am!
We are blessed to be friends and neighbors of so many wonderful people. I'm grateful for their example to my kids. Tonathiu, especially, has had so many rough experiences. I felt comforted today knowing that he has so many wonderful experiences ahead of him.
We then started practicing our program. The little kids are so flipping adorable. I don't even think we had one melt-down. We had one near-miss, but all that was washed away when our dear Ms.April came to the rescue.
We were lucky enough to have Mummmindad (Cary's parents) and Tam's girls come to the chapel today and watched our little munchkins give their part of the program. So cute!
After Sacrament it was time for Cary to ordain Tonathiu as a Deacon and give him the Aaronic Priesthood.
I can say this, because he is my husband, Cary gives the.most.amazing. blessings. Ever. He leaves me speechless every.single.time. This time was no exception. Cary opens his mind and his heart to Heavenly Father and allows the words to come from Him. It was beautiful and fitting and I pray that Tonathiu can hold on to that blessing for the rest of his life and lean on it when he's having a hard time.
We were surrounded with family and friends and the Spirit was so strong.
I cling to those feelings and those memories as the days go by when I am not feeling the Spirit as I should because of my not-so-great choices.

Mum gave Tonathiu a very special plaque that she had made with his Line Of Priesthood. Not many Priesthood holders know their line, but we are very blessed to know Cary's, and it's very short.
It goes: Tonathiu> Cary> Joseph Nicholas (cary's dad)>Douglas J. Martin>David O. McKay>Joseph F. Smith>Brigham Young> The THREE Witnesses> Joseph Smith Jr.> Peter, James, and John> Jesus. She has all of the dates on it as well and it is beautiful. I have the best family.ever.

A dear friend of ours said to me, after the blessing, "Just think of all of the amazing spiritual experiences you have had over the past two years. It's overwhelming, even for me!"
I am overwhelmed too. I am blessed. I don't have the words to adequately express it to you, or to my Father in Heaven. But, I am grateful. I am humbled by all of our blessings, especially our five stinky ones. Cary is one of my biggest blessings. I love him and and am grateful that he leads our family and honours his Priesthood.


Obviously, the blessing is very sacred to us, but I want to share a part of it. In the beginning Cary said to him, "Tonathiu, you came to us in a strange way, but you are our son; just as if you had been born to us." ...truer words....

Tonathiu, we love you very much and we are so proud of the choices that you are making. We know that you have a special spirit and Heavenly Father is pleased with you. You are our son. Forever.

No comments: