Monday, January 21, 2013

Holy. Bananas.

Life certainly gets in the way of blogging, at least it does for me. Perhaps if it were a career, or I didn't have five of the cutest little mongrels ever needing to go here and there and do this and that, I would be able to write down my thoughts more frequently.

At any rate, here it is almost one year later and things, they are a'changin'. The kids are growing at record speed, I'm convinced of it. We are currently preparing Tonathiu for 9th grade. Seriously. The kid will be 15 this year. Sadly, that means I will be 35. Let's not dwell on that number though, shall we? He and I have gone through some terribly difficult times, and still struggle. I am doing better with it. I even realized that *I* was the adult in this relationship. It took me a while, sadly. There's a song that recently became popular by a fella named Phillip Phillips. It's called "Home" and the verse that touched my heart so deeply was this:

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home


 I had to first realize that they are, in fact, HIS demons. I'll be here for him and I will help him conquer them, but I can't let them become Mine.
Anyway, I digress
 Cuauhtli turns 13 on Friday. I watched him work on the computer the other night and was amazed at how much of a young man he has become. Incredible. His features are changing, his voice is changing ever so slightly, and he is even growing a little fuzz on his top lip. I think he's most self conscious about the latter. Through it all, he's still my little pal and loves a good snuggle on the couch. He can drive me mad, but makes me laugh at the same time. He's been blessed with that gift, hopefully he will surround himself with people who can appreciate that.
Yoalli will be coming into Young Women's with me this year. In August she will be 12. A Beehive. Incredible. Her current obsessions are Harry Potter and all things music. She loves every aspect of music and is amazingly talented on the piano. I love listening to her play and especially love when she makes up her own songs.
GabbaGabba will be 10 in two short months. She's still our little Girl of the Sea. She has developed her Daddy's sense of humor, which is both a good and a bad thing. Her teacher told me that she was voted the "Funniest Person" in their class. The compliment? Her teacher also said that Gabby loves to make people laugh, but never laughs at anyone or makes them feel badly. And she never makes fun of anyone. Oh how i love that little girl.
BuggaBugga will be 8 in April. That little firecracker will be baptized in a couple of months and I can hardly believe it. She is excited and ready and tells me daily that she is "such a big girl". Yeah, Yeah, I'm all to aware. It's been so neat watching her progress. She still rages occasionally, but nothing like that little girl that first came to live with us. I am still unsure how I made it through that first year. Lots of blessings, I reckon.  She is in second grade this year and has discovered a love of reading. It greatly outweighs her love of spelling, which isn't a difficult task. She is in tap and ballet and thinks she's pretty fabulous when she can flit around in her feathery costumes and clicky shoes. She's Amazing.

Cary is old. As am I. He went back to university this January to finish up. Oh my. The Homework. It hasn't  been as difficult as I thought it wold be, but that's probably because he's been able to take internet classes as well as classroom courses. Cuauhtli did announce tonight that he hated college though. The kids miss their Dad and all of his bad jokes.

I'm on this healthy lifestyle kick since September/October. I've lost almost 50 lbs and only have about 3873 more to go. It's hard and kicks my trash, but it is oh so worth it. Perhaps I'll post photos for some motivation? There's nothing like seeing yourself larger than life with no cropping that will scare the chocolates out of your hand.

We hope to be having some exciting news to share this year, so keep clicking.
that's what you call a cliff hanger.
And with that,
Goodnight.


:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

At least 160k women and men are trying a simple and secret "liquids hack" to lose 2lbs each night in their sleep.

It's painless and it works on everybody.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Hold a glass and fill it up with water half the way

2) Proceed to do this strange hack

and become 2lbs thinner as soon as tomorrow!