Friday, May 13, 2011

Easy Yummyness.

I am part of the Bountiful Baskets Food CoOp. I love it. If you haven't heard of it, seriously go check it out. For $15 you get 6 different types of vegetables and 6 different types of fruits, and not just one or two of each. They also offer breads, tortillas, herbs, DIY decorative cookies, and cakes. Those are available for a bit more money. We've been doing it for about a month now, and I don't know that I'll buy fruits and veggies in the markets anymore. I also bought the bread and tortillas. Love Love Love them. My kids really love seeing what we'll get each week too.
You might be wondering at this point why I named this post Easy Yummyness.
Well, last week we got blueberries.

My kids or cary and I will  not eat just blueberries. I was excited though, because this meant that I was going to be able to make something with them. Today I finally had the time to do just that! I have been searching for a quick, easy, and Delicious recipe for a cake/muffin/bread for blueberries. This morning I struck Gold! Gold, I tell you! I found this little gem on Yummly. Cute name, aye?
Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake- (kinda more like a bread though)
212    cup bisquick (baking mix)

2 eggs
12 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 cup milk
1 cup blueberries (frozen, thawed and drained)
2 tbsp oil
6 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 tbsp milk
14 cup sugar

Method

1 Preheat oven to 350.
2 In a small bowl mix cream cheese 2 TBSP milk and 1/4 cup suagr until smooth. Set aside.
3 In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
4 Mix in Bisuick mix then stir in blueberries.      
5 Pour half of cake batter into a 9 in loaf pan.  
6 Pour half cream cheese mixute straight down middle of pan (do not mix in YET).
7 Pour rest of cake batter over top, then top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
8 Take a knife and gently stir make swirl effect.
9 Bake for 45 minute or until done.                       


I just realized that I forgot to do the swirling. Dang it! No matter though, it's still good and I dont think my crew will complain that there are no swirlies. Especially if they don't know! :)





I've tried it.
I got the end piece, which is crustier than the rest and that isn't my favorite part. But, I love the taste of the fresh blueberries and the cream cheese kicks it over the top. I'm sure it would even be better if you swirl. :)

No comments: