Thursday, March 18, 2010
Every time I hear "Haaappy Birthdaaee" I think of Frosty the Snowman. I don't know why. I'm weird.
Today is my little Gabriella Moana's birthday. She turns the big 7 today. She has been in countdown mode since Christmas, so this is a very special day for her, indeed! Last night I was lucky enough to have a special "mommy and daughter date" with her. She received some birthday money from her Nana and wanted to buy a pressie. She also wanted to choose her own birthday cake this year. So, after dinner we went shopping for her loot and her sweets. We had a really great time together and it was nice to be able to focus on just her. We even snuck a little treat of dippin' dots after we were finished. The perfect way to end a date! :)
We met her when she was just 5 years old. It seems now, however, that we have always known her and she has always been our daughter. We are blessed to have her spirit in our forever family. We kept her birth name of Gabriella and gave her a Maori middle name of Moana. It means "the sea". It fits her perfectly. She is calm as the sea, but can turn tumultuous and angry ...she is always able to return to her calm state quickly however.
So I think I'll post 7 things I love about Gabby. :D
1. I love her spirit. I love that she can be feisty and knows what she wants.
2. I love her hugs. Her hugs make me feel like a mom. Her Mom.
3. I love her snaggle tooth grin!
4. I love what a great sister she is. She takes care of her little sister and tries hard to be a good little sister herself. She loves her siblings very much.
5.I love her sense of humor! She loves making people laugh and always cracks me up.
6.I love her sense of adventure. She is not scared to try new things or to do hard things.
7. I love hearing her sing. Gab even sings when she reads books. She turns everything into a song and I love hearing her happy voice.
Happy Birthday Gabbalella! I love you muchly!